Xinerama like behavior with xrandr

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Wed Mar 11 06:30:29 PDT 2009

Hi,

I've finaly decided to get myself a new external Monitor for my
Thinkpad. I want to use it like xinerame does. (different resolutions
for internal and external and different screens and apps like the kicker
under kde going only over one of the monitors. and when I maximize one
window I only want to have it on one of the screen) But Xinerama is
deprecated now and I want to use xrandr. xrandr in clone mode works
just fine, but when i use left-of or below I have ONE big screen with
windows going along both of them.
How can I use xrandr in a xinerama like enviroment?

I have Gentoo with intel driver 2.5.1 and xinerama use flag turned of.

- Daniel