Graphic drivers and applications

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Thu Mar 5 06:09:54 PST 2009

Hello,

is the graphic driver performing acceleration (for example composite
operation) able to know for which application is this operation done?

I would like to track down number of pixmaps allocated for particular
applications and see whether all of them are freed after aplication is closed
and also to see which applications are leaking pixmap shamelessly.

It seems that xrestop is not working properly. I'm already tracking total
number of allocated pixmaps for intel driver, according to this tracking, 1000
pixmaps were freed after closing firefox application, but xrestop reports that
firefox had only 515 pixmaps.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek