Severe memory leaks make X.org unuseable

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Mar 2 03:03:01 PST 2009

> I have looked at the source code for X.org and the savage driver. I cannot really quite understand it at all. Is there a guide to describe and document the X.org internals in detail?

There are documents for EXA and XAA. The majority of each driver is
shared code so if you've got a chipset specific leak as it sounds then
you can should only need to look at the driver specific code.

If its platform related you may need to dig into os/hw but again this is
all isolated from the core code. Fortunately most drivers do very little
private memory allocation so it shouldn't take long to check all the
cases.

Also worth running the same test on another OS to pin down the trigger