How to build entirety of Xorg 7.4 from source

ace102 mgavl69 at juno.com
Sun Mar 1 10:32:24 PST 2009

  After going through the pain of trying to build straight from tarballs/git
myself I found that JHBuild is a nice interface to do this sort of thing.
With a little tweaking of the xorg.modules and jhbuildrc (both in
xorg/util/modular) it works nicely. Remember to make a prefix build
directory that isn't /usr to do a test build first to work out the kinks and
errors that might occur. Also don't build modules/drivers you don't need
which helps cut down on the build time.

JD-7 wrote:

> I wanted to build the entirety of X 7.4 frm source, but when
> I saw that it is made up of individual tarballs, I decided to
> write and ask if there is a single tarball of everything,
> with a top level configure ...etc to build the whole thing.

-----
Error:Success