Ctrl - Alt _Backspace

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Jun 19 16:23:25 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:01:33AM -0700, olcarman at cableone.net wrote:
> I would like to enable the Ctrl -Alt - Backspace keystroke combo to kill the X
> server.
> After reading the man page I've come away a bit confused (as usual) and when I
> un-hash the "Don't Zap" server flag the server won't start.
> Can someone clear this up for me?
> Thanks.

depends. server 1.6 with xkeyboard-config 1.5, the option should enable it.
if you're using git master and xkeyboard-config 1.6, the trick is to set the
xkb option (the xorg.conf entry is not needed).

Either run 'setxkbmap -option "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"' or tick the
matching box in your desktop environment's documentation.

Cheers,
  Peter