Fwd: Display locking up

ryan dilworth c.r.dilworth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 02:40:28 PDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ryan dilworth <c.r.dilworth at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:08 AM
Subject: Display locking up
To: xorg at freedesktop.org

Hey, I've been trying to get Xorg working with my new video card now
for a while and have been having ongoing problems.  Not sure what to
diagnose that as... if it's a driver specific problem or something
else.  Right now my display just locks up when i try switching back to
a virtual terminal and then back into X.  It recovers after a -long
time- usually at least 45 minutes or so but then happens again as soon
as you try to switch back to X.  Sometimes it comes up with screens
full of randomish colors and crap during this whole process or it just
loses sync (blinking/amber monitor light), or just a black screen.
Not really sure where to go from here but attached is a copy of
Xorg.0.log from this current running instance where this is happening
now.  Cheers if you can point me in the right direction.