BadLength error when running xrandr

Joel Feiner jafeiner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:44:01 PDT 2009

I have an all-git X setup on my machine, with the correct
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and all that.  When I run xrandr, even without
arguments, I always get this error message:

X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or
internal Xlib length error)
   Major opcode of failed request:  147 (RANDR)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  15 ()
   Serial number of failed request:  20

I have all the updated protos installed.  X server has been rebuilt many
times.  I use jhbuild to update my xorg installation and, aside from
this, I haven't had any problems.

Any ideas?