Xorg missing includes

Sun Jun 14 08:15:40 PDT 2009

Ben Gamari wrote:
> It seems like gcc 4.4 (in Karmic) must have become a little stricter recently.

No, Xorg git got a lot more broken.   The includes are in <X11/Xos.h>, they just
fell into an else clause that isn't traversed in ajax's commits on Friday.

> My xorg builds tonight have been having tons of issues with missing includes
> that were strangely skipped right over in the past. Anyways, I've added the
> necessary includes. xserver builds fine with these patches. Thanks,

Most of them seem unnecessary once Xos.h is fixed - I believe originally they
were done in Xos.h to handle non-UNIX-like platforms such as OS/2, Win32 and
pre-OS X MacOS.   I don't know if any platforms X still supports are missing
POSIX-standard headers like unistd.h or not.

The gettimeofday patch is defintely wrong, since the macro is needed to deal
with long-standing differences in the number of arguments to gettimeofday on
some platforms.   (The SysV vs. BSD wars may be long done, but their casualties
remain.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com