creating a new cursor from an image and using it with Xcursor library

Meir Goldenberg meirgold at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 8 23:41:37 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new cursor which can be used with the XCURSOR cursor management library.

I have a picture which I converted to a png format and then used the "xcursorgen" to create a cursor file from.

In my C code I then used the following set of commands in order to read the cursor file:

FILE *pFile;

pFile=fopen("test.png","r");
if (pFile!=NULL)
{
 printf("Reading File\n");
 cursor=XcursorFileLoadImage(pFile, 100);
 fclose (pFile);
}

when trying to compile my code, I get the following error:

: undefined reference to `XcursorFileLoadImage'

It seems that i'm not giving the function what it is expecting, however, i'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I also tried reading the file in binary format using: pFile=fopen("test.png","rb");  however this did not help either.

Can someone please help me resolve this ?

Thanks,