XI2 pull warning

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Jun 2 22:11:21 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 11:24:56AM -0400, Thomas Jaeger wrote:
> >> Thanks, this is mostly working now.  There are still instances where
> >> proximity events lead to a crash, see the attached gdb session.
> >
> > I can't reproduce this after the load of patches I just pushed, so I'm
> > assuming one of them fixed it :)
> I can still reproduce it.  It happens when a proximity event comes in
> when the SD is grabbed.

Thanks, that was it! fixed, and gave me the chance for a bit of cleanup in
that part too.

> >> If XIGrabButton is called on a SD, the SD is not detached when the grab
> >> is activated.
> >
> > fixed. SDs are now detached for passive grabs, except if an implicit passive
> > grab is activated.
>
> Thanks, XIGrabButton on SDs is mostly working now.  The only problem is
> that the original Press event is still delivered, which leads to
> inconsistent state on the MD until the button is pressed on another SD.

fixed, thanks.

the device_state bug is now fixed as well. took me a while to find out
what that's supposed to do anyway. For the archives:
libXi exposes state and device_state in XI events, the former being the core
device state (sent in button, motion and key events), the latter being
the device state (sent in valuator events only and then added to the libXi
event).

gimp and xournal now work fine with my wacom tablet, though gimp still
doesn't really behave nicely if you try to use it with a regular mouse.

Cheers,
  Peter