Solved! (Re: Problem with Multiseat-X on Ubuntu Jaunty / Xorg 1.6 + evdev)

Wolfgang Klein klein.wolfg at web.de
Wed Jul 29 02:19:37 PDT 2009

Hello!

By pure accident I found a solution. Somewhere in a mailing list archive
I found someone mentioning this option in connection with evdev:

    Option "GrabDevice" "on"

So put this option into every input device section like this:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "mouse_2"
     Driver      "evdev"
    Option "GrabDevice" "on"
    Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mouse_2"
    Option      "ZAxisMapping"      "4 5"
EndSection

And now it works! All four input devices are kept apart and none
influences the wrong xserver.

Though I am happy everything is working now, I'm still looking forward
finding an explanation what exactly this option does and why it wasn't
necessary in Ubuntu Hardy.

Wolfgang Klein
--
Öffentlicher   ,_,  Public