virtual screen > 2048 pixels, Intel 945

McDonald, Michael-p7438c Michael.McDonald at gdc4s.com
Tue Jul 28 13:31:53 PDT 2009

________________________________

	From: xorg-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org
[mailto:xorg-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Tamas Papp
	Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:14 PM
	To: Colin Guthrie
	Cc: xorg at freedesktop.org
	Subject: Re: virtual screen > 2048 pixels, Intel 945

	On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Colin Guthrie
<gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

		'Twas brillig, and Tamas Papp at 28/07/09 16:20 did gyre
and gimble:

		> Any help would be appreciated.  I am happy to run the
laptop without
		> DRI, but I need that second screen on the right, not
below.  It used to
		> work fine, but a recent upgrade (I don't know which)
changed things.  I
		> am using Debian,

		This will ultimately be solved by "shatter", but I'm not
sure if there
		are recent changes that force the use of DRI? I suspect
this may be the
		case considering the info on intellinuxgraphics.org site
which
		specifically mentions shatter for the first time.

	Shatter looks neat (first time I hear about it), but is there
perhaps a more immediate workaround? It used to work, just a week ago.

	Tamas

Hmm, the abstract for the Linux Plumbers Conference paper to be
presented in September claims Shatter is an EXA extension and
IntelLinuxGraphics 2.8 dropped EXA support. Doesn't sound like it'll
help the 945 guys after all!  :-)

Mike McDonald