Status of ATI driver

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Fri Jul 24 10:25:53 PDT 2009

On 07/24/2009 05:44 PM, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Terry Barnaby<terry1 at beam.ltd.uk>  wrote:

>>> Thanks for the info. I will go in a bit deeper ...
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>

>>> Terry
>> I have tried to build/install drm (just the lib for the moment). It all
>> builds and installs fine. However the files: radeon_cs.h, radeon_cs_gem.h
>> and others do not get installed in /usr/include although radeon_drm.h
>> does. The build of xf86-video-ati then fails due to the different API
>> of radeon_cs_space_check() and some missing functions definitions.
>> Am I missing something here ?
>> I built/installed the git drm with:
>>
>> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
>> make
>
> you need to configure libdrm with --enable-radeon-experimental-api
>
> Alex
I actually did try doing a:
./configure --enable-radeon-experimental-api
make clean all install

after seeing that option with "./configure --help".
But this did not change things ...
However doing a:
make distclean
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --enable-radeon-experimental-api
make all install

Seems to work. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Terry