Status of ATI driver

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Fri Jul 24 09:42:28 PDT 2009

On 07/24/2009 05:05 PM, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> On 07/24/2009 04:55 PM, Alex Deucher wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Terry Barnaby<terry1 at beam.ltd.uk>   wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Due to the problems I am having with ATI Radeon cards under Fedora 11, I thought
>>> I would try the latest GIT source tree. I am using the standard Fedora *-devel
>>> packages and just trying to build the drivers only. When I try to build
>>> the xf86-video-ati driver I get the error:
>>>
>>>     CC    radeon_textured_video.o
>>> In file included from radeon_textured_video.c:148:
>>> radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘RADEONDisplayTexturedVideoMMIO’:
>>> radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:109: warning: implicit declaration of function
>>> ‘radeon_cs_space_reset_bos’
>>> radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:110: warning: implicit declaration of function
>>> ‘radeon_cs_space_add_persistent_bo’
>>> radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:118: error: too few arguments to function
>>> ‘radeon_cs_space_check’
>>> radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘R200DisplayTexturedVideoMMIO’:
>>>
>>> radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:507: error: too few arguments to function
>>> ‘radeon_cs_space_check’
>>> radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘R300DisplayTexturedVideoMMIO’:
>>>
>>> radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:1049: error: too few arguments to function
>>> ‘radeon_cs_space_check’
>>> radeon_textured_videofuncs.c: In function ‘R500DisplayTexturedVideoMMIO’:
>>>
>>> radeon_textured_videofuncs.c:2500: error: too few arguments to function
>>> ‘radeon_cs_space_check’
>>>
>>> Plus others. There does not appear to be a radeon_cs_space_reset_bos()
>>> function in the xf86-video-ati source tree.
>>> Is the xf86-video-ati driver in a buildable state ?
>> You need a newer libdrm_radeon and kernel drm bits to build and use
>> the latest ddx/mesa bits from git.  The stuff shipped in f11 isn't
>> compatible.
>>
>> Alex
> Thanks for the info. I will go in a bit deeper ...
>
> Cheers
>

> Terry

I have tried to build/install drm (just the lib for the moment). It all
builds and installs fine. However the files: radeon_cs.h, radeon_cs_gem.h
and others do not get installed in /usr/include although radeon_drm.h
does. The build of xf86-video-ati then fails due to the different API
of radeon_cs_space_check() and some missing functions definitions.
Am I missing something here ?
I built/installed the git drm with:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
make