Evdev touchscreen calibration?

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Thu Jul 23 04:00:24 PDT 2009

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> XI 1 gives you access to the valuators as well, so this should work in
> principle if you register for DeviceButtonPress and friends.
Ok, big sorry if I'm wrong, but to clarify: untranslated valuators are
stored in valuators.data_raw, which is picked up solely by
eventToRawEvent(), again used solely for Xi2 processing. So by inference
Xi2 is the only option if you want raw coordinates (which are what evdev
calibration needs). What am I missing?

Cheers,

Simon

Disclaimer: I don't have an absolute device to test, nor do I fully
grasp what's going on around GetPointerEvents(). But maybe it's worth
looking at it again.