xextproto 7.0.99.1

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Jul 21 03:21:39 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:13:25AM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 21/07/09 10:01 did gyre and gimble:
> > 'Twas brillig, and Peter Hutterer at 16/07/09 04:45 did gyre and gimble:
> >> Many headers included in xextproto were combined library, server and
> >> protocol headers. This release splits those headers up and moves the
> >> client-side library headers into the libXext module.
> >>

> >> Peter Hutterer (17):
> >>       XShm: remove XShm.h library header, split into shm.h, shmproto.h
> >
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/xextproto/commit/?id=c63abdd1eb7bc1d8ae4e25073ef2f29d94991e2b
> >
> > Small bug in the above. It removes shmstr.h from Makefile.am which means
> > it's not in the tarball and not installed.
> >
> > This is a needed header! (xserver and intel driver both need it)
>
> Oh wait, sorry, totally misread the commit. I see it's been renamed :s
>
> Your commit on xserver master should fix things up for it :)
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=d3f6b43a240eb763025b3cbf546cb7ae502c94fa
>
> Will all the drivers need to be updated too or is intel a special case
> that access it directly? Should it just include "shm.h" now?

Should have been fixed with 0a4c4c5.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/commit/?id=0a4c4c5fe8ebad2dd13f5770bd90a194eebb2890

The move affected about half the video drivers though IIRC intel was the
only one with shm bits. The others were affected by the dpms.h move and are
updated.

Cheers,
  Peter