status with the latest git xserver

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 00:07:17 PDT 2009

This is a status from over here:

macbook pro ati chipset works perfectly
with the latest git xserver, minor issue due to me
getting a bit confused but nothing out of the ordinary.

As for my other machine the imac nvidia chipset, well
a bit of an ABI issue:

(II) Loading extension DRI2
(II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so
(II) Module nvidia: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
         Module class: X.Org Video Driver
================ WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING ================
This server has a video driver ABI version of 6.0 that is not
supported by this NVIDIA driver.  Please check
http://www.nvidia.com/ for driver updates or downgrade to an X
server with a supported driver ABI.
(WW) NVIDIA: The driver will continue to load, but may behave strangely.
(WW) NVIDIA: This server has an unsupported input driver ABI version
(have 7.0, need < 5.0).  The driver will continue to load, but may
behave strangely.
(II) LoadModule: "kbd"

soulution was(after googling a bit)
  startx -ignoreABI,
but for some reason this didn't do anything.
I had to use in xorg.conf

Section "ServerFlags"
         Option "IgnoreABI" "true"
EndSection

Hopefully we don't have to wait to long for nvidia..

Anyways nice work with the xserver xorg!!

Justin P. Mattock