Problem starting X server on debian lenny

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:52:38 PDT 2009

Imtiaz Ahmed wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried the intelgraphics driver version 2.7 but still the same error
> with no change at all, Even today i tried to install Ubuntu hardy
> desktop and it gives the error
> (EE) intel(0): No valid modes.
> EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration
>
> and stuck up.
> I googled around and found many posts like this but almost all are
> related to laptops where there are 2 displays internal and external
> but this is  a Desktop  PC wiht Intel 965G video graphic on board.
>
> Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
>
> regards,
>
> Imtiaz
>
> Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>> Julien Cristau wrote:

>>> No, this has nothing to do with kernel modules.  The driver just
>>> doesn't
>>> seem to detect any connected monitors.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Julien
>>>
>> Sh^t I swear that said module
>> (I need glasses!!)
>>
>> Justin P. Mattock

Seems this has been an earlier issue as well:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/269765
even though it's ubuntu, might give some useful info.

I have a machine that has an intel gpu, but it might take some time
to get up and running to see if I hit this as well.

Justin P. Mattock