intel driver crashing X server

Vedran Rodic vrodic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 10:42:13 PDT 2009

It did that for me also, on 945GM, Linux 2.6.30.1 with UMS.

Version from 11th July is also affected. I'm using version from 9th July and
that works fine (though seems quite slower than the old EXA driver, but this
is a general GEM/UXA regression ).

If you don't have the old 9th July version, I've put it here:
http://www.bljak.org/~vedran/x/

2009/7/15 Henrique Ferreiro García <henrique.ferreiro at gmail.com>

> Hello!
>
> I am running Ubuntu using the latest X.org git packages from
> https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa<https://launchpad.net/%7Exorg-edgers/+archive/ppa>
>
> Last intel driver update which uses the git tree up to commit 82905c7c
> made my X server crash when not using KMS (with KMS it freezes).
>
> I have attached the logs for the first case.
>
> The thing is that, right now, it doesn't work even if I downgrade the
> intel driver and the X server. It always crashed with the message
> "Existing errors found in hardware state" in Xorg.0.log and I have to
> use the vesa driver.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Henrique Ferreiro García <henrique.ferreiro at gmail.com>