intel gma 950 multihead problems

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jul 14 12:38:24 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 15:06 -0400, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:

> If I have DRI on a window smaller than 2048, can I use the 3D engine to
> render to it?

DRI2 creates off-screen buffers for all drawing, so if the window is
within the DRI size, it should work fine. The buffer swap is done using
the 2D engine, which can handle larger objects.

>  Can I do accelerated 3D in that window?

Yup.

>   What about textured
> video?

Nope. There's no extra buffer here (unless you use the Composite
extension), and so the 3D unit won't be able to paint the video on the
screen.

keith.packard at intel.com