intel gma 950 multihead problems

Reza Jelveh reza.jelveh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 01:53:01 PDT 2009

Hello, I've been trying(quite unsuccessfully) to get my eeepc 1000he to
run at 1024x600 with my external monitor
at 1920x1200.

I tried both kernel 2.6.30 and 2.6.31. When I add a virtual line to my
xorg.conf I get the following error while starting
X(Virtual 2944 1200):

failed to add fb.

and this in dmesg:
[drm:drm_mode_addfb] *ERROR* mode new framebuffer width not within limits

i just tried it again in windows and it works perfectly fine...

the x11 version is 1.6.2
i recently updated the intel driver and xserver from here:
https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa
in hope it would fix anything but no luck

regards,
Reza