Pixmap used for redirected window with Composite extension

David Johnson dave at topblue.com
Wed Jul 8 10:52:48 PDT 2009

When using the Composite extension to redirect a window is there any
mechanism to provide the Pixmap to be used for off-screen storage? I can see
that XCompositeNameWindowPixmap can retrieve the pixmap being used. I want
to be able to create a pixmap - say a shared-memory type - and have the
redirected window copied into it. I guess in the worst case I just do a
periodic copy from the pixmap create by the Composite redirection into by my
own shared pixmap.

Dave G