Artifacts on Radeon 4850

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 12:20:12 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Casey Jones<jonescaseyb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would using the radeon-rewrite branch of mesa actually fix this?  AFAIK,
> this isn't a 3D/OpenGL problem.  Whenever Xorg is running it happens,
> including 2D.

No, the radeon-rewrite branch (which has been merged recently)
wouldn't change anything, as it doesn't support R6/700. If it's
happening with 2D, it's not a problem with Mesa anyway -- unless
you're using compiz, then it may be.

> Oh, and I am using EXA. Are there any other AccelMethods like XAA?
> And it isn't the hardware because it worked fine with fglrx.

Yes, XAA is also available.

More info such as kernel, drm, xserver, and ddx versions might help.
Does dmesg or Xorg.0.log show anything interesting when the corruption
happens? What kind of corruption are you seeing?

Matt