[xf86-video-intel] overlay on double wide pipe?

Shawn C. Powell shawncp at kcnet.com
Sat Jan 31 20:47:39 PST 2009

Hello,

Will it in future be possible to use xvideo overlays on a pipe in
double-wide mode?  Or is there any way to prevent the pipe from going
into double-wide mode?

I have an 1920x1200 second monitor on a Toshiba laptop with an 855GM,
running driver version xf86-video-intel-2.5.1-r1 on kernel
2.6.27-gentoo-r7.

The pipe for this monitor runs in double wide and I think this is why
the overlay is non-functional on this monitor (the empty blue box is
displayed).  The overlay works if I back the resolution down to
1360x768.  GL video works on both displays but stutters.

Thank you for the information.
--
Shawn C. Powell <shawncp at kcnet.com>