Recent input changes

Jeff Chua jeff.chua.linux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 05:46:17 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Alan Coopersmith
<Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com> wrote:
> You might try applying
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~daniels/kbd-pass-the-absinthe.diff
> but that's probably no more tested than the other recent XKB changes.

Alan,

Thanks for the pointer. Since Paulo has a newer version, I'll just try his.

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
<pcpa at mandriva.com.br> wrote:
>  I just made a somewhat simpler version, that from some basic
> tests only misses autorepeat, but I did not follow the code to
> see how to actually set the repeat and intervals.
>  Maybe should be on the KeybdCtrl defaultKeyboardControl, as I
> don't know if there is an api for calling it..., but would look
> ugly to set that global variable, so, left as an exercise to
> whoever wants to finish the patch; I am using evdev...

I'm no using evdev, and no problem with autorepeat. Your patch works
great as it is.

At least I can now use the latest xserver without having to revert
part of the code to make it work with older xf86-input-keyboard as
what I did before. Nice.

Would be nice to see this fix submitted for xf86-input-keyboard and
perhaps xf86-input-void as well.

Thanks for the fix.

Jeff.