Nominations for X.org board closing soon

Donnie Berkholz dberkholz at gentoo.org
Tue Jan 27 17:03:49 PST 2009

On 16:37 Tue 27 Jan     , Carl Worth wrote:
> Just a quick reminder that only a few days remain in the nomination
> period for election to the X.org Board of Directors. We will be running
> an election to fill four vacant spots on the board, so it would be
> satisfactory to have several more nominations.
>
> Remember that you can nominate yourself or someone else that you think
> would be valuable to have on the board. A nomination can be as simple as
> a one-line email "I nominate J. Friendly Hacker for election to the
> X.Org Foundation Board" sent to:

I am concerned whether there are enough good nominees for the open
slots. One way of dealing with this is an open nominations process,
where I can see who's been nominated and who's accepted *before*
nominations close. I'd like to know why the process is kept closed and
whether there is some other way of addressing my concern, if there is
some compelling reason to keep it closed.

--
Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie Berkholz