keysymdef.h has wrong implies symbol?

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 26 11:19:28 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Rui Tiago Cação Matos
<tiagomatos at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/1/26 Markus Kuhn <Markus.Kuhn at cl.cam.ac.uk>:
>> P.S.: The real problem may be that X.Org seems not to maintain a well
>> publicised canonical long-term PDF URL for the current "X Window System
>> Protocol" specification and similar documents, therefore far too few
>> people read the spec itself and instead keep refering to various *.h
>> include files.
>
> Indeed, the current X11 protocol specification seems to be kept with a
> bunch of other extensions' specs in the xorg/doc/xorg-docs repository
> while the most up to date specs for the Render and XRandR specs (for
> instance) are in their respective repos under xorg/proto/${name}proto
> repositories.
>
> I think all of the canonical specs should move into their respective
> ${name}proto repositories where the protocol headers are but that's
> just not been done yet.

In practical terms, I think it would be ideal to have
1. a simple text file with the mapping of keysyms and unicode values
(extracted from the PDF files).
This should help verify that gtk+ and others have a proper table.
2. the conversion script that produced the tables in imKStoUCS.c
This should help to verify if there are any other discrepancies.
It would be nice to have that script in the repository.

Simos