dri2+uxa, X restart after suspend/resume

Khashayar Naderehvandi khashayar.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 10:27:41 PST 2009

Hi all,

Here's another issue with DRI2/UXA on intel that I can't gather enough
information about for a fruitful bug report. So, I'll ask the list if
this issue is known.
I'm on the latest released stack (libdrm 2.4.4, mesa 7.3, xserver
1.6rc, intel 2.6.1, kernel 2.6.28.1).

With DRI2 and UXA enabled, the X server restarts after a
suspend/resume cycle, and leaves me at the GDM login window. I can't
find anything out of the ordinary in the logs. The last line of the
log is "(II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch". I first
thought it was related to the VT switching that's done before suspend,
but that doesn't seem to be the case as switching VTs during a running
session doesn't case any problem.

Regards,
Khashayar