save-under support

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sat Jan 24 10:03:56 PST 2009

Some time back I tried to use an old app -- which was available only
as a binary -- with a modern server.  The app's documentation explicitly
noted that it required backing store and save under.

Exactly as you saw, the windows of this app were blank.

I discovered that it would work if there were no window manager
running.  As soon as a win mgr started, the app's windows would
revert to a neutral gray.

You might want to check whether that also happens for your apps.

Just in case it helps the porting process....

-JimC