newest drivers lose X-video support?

Brandon Kuczenski brandon.kuczenski at 301south.net
Fri Jan 23 00:33:10 PST 2009

Hello,

I recently installed updated versions of xserver-xorg-video-intel
(2.5.1-1ubuntu5), libdrm2 and libdrm-intel1 (2.4.1-0ubuntu7) in order to
try to resolve a suspend-to-RAM bug.  I installed files from this
archive:
https://edge.launchpad.net/~intel-gfx-testing/+archive

The fix appears to have worked, but an apparent side-effect is that I have
lost X-video support.  xvinfo returns:
$ xvinfo
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  no adaptors present
$

The XVideo extension is still being loaded:
$ grep -i xvideo /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
$

I'm pretty sure it used to work because mplayer, which ran fine before
the upgrade, no longer functions with hardware acceleration; I have to
fall back to unaccelerated video output.  The chipset is a Mobile Intel
GM45 [hardware is a Lenovo x200].

Any idea how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Brandon