Xorg with ATI / RV370 sneakily eats half my CPU with empty screen?

John Clarke john at clarkecoetzee.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 05:57:51 PST 2009

Thanks to everybody for helping.

oprofile has a mystifying array of possible options to log, but the -b option to top and xrestop have helped shed some light.

The problem still occurs with the "vesa" driver - it looks like its the screensaver or screen locker.

I'll post again when I've got it figured out.

Regards
John

 Message Received: Jan 21 2009, 12:09 PM