http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/git [was: Fedora 10: Trouble installing libdrm (2.4.4) for latest Intel driver (2.6)]

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Wed Jan 21 19:38:48 PST 2009

Hi,
Since I also works with Fedora 10, I am also interested in this
thread :)

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 15:03 -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> > I've attached my log file.  Am I supposed to have a "rules file" for evdev?
>
> Unfortunately, the script you followed doesn't seem to tell you about
> handling the XKB data. You can either install xkeyboard-config or
> follow the instructions for "Making the keyboard work" here:
>
> http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/git

ok I found some updates on Development/git, and that a cool page , but I
have some questions .

On section: running new stack
* rmmod i915 # assuming you're using Intel
  * rmmod drm
  * insmod <path_to_drm_tree_above>/linux-core/drm.ko
  * insmod <path_to_drm_tree_above>/linux-core/i915.ko

This isn't more applicable on Intel isn't it ? but as example for others
that don't use the new drm kernel are fine :)

Other question is about section: Building DRM.
On Intel (that is my development case ) make install (without make -C
linux-core ) , will overwrite drm kernel headers , that is good ?

To be honest I don't know if libdrm could be different of drm kernel and
they could act independently or if we should check if headers of libdrm
and headers of drm kernel are equal. Some clues about this question are
welcome .

Thanks,