Defanging Ctl-Alt-BackSpace without losing Terminate_Server

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Jan 21 14:51:43 PST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 03:49:47PM -0500, Richard M Kreuter wrote:
> (I'm using Debian etch's X.org 1.1.1 xserver, and while I can't test it
> right now, I think the following analysis applies to more recent X.orgs,
> too.  If it doesn't, I apologize for the noise.)

It doesn't at all; the only way to get Terminate_Server in a relatively
recent build is through XKB (unless you go through severe contortions),
and with a branch that's about to be merged this week, there is
literally no other possible codepath.

Anyway, I'm not sure since I don't have 1.1.1 source around, but I'd
imagine that was guarded behind 'if (noXkbExtension)' somehow? If so,
that code will not be executed unless you run with '-kb'.

Cheers,
Daniel