XORG_MACROS_VERSION test is filled with hate

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Tue Jan 20 11:37:35 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 11:28 -0800, Ian Romanick wrote:

> I run autogen.sh in, for example, app/rendercheck as:
>
> CC=gcc ACLOCAL="aclocal -I /opt/xorg-master-x86_64/share/aclocal"
> sh ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/xorg-master-x86_64
> --libdir=/opt/xorg-master-x86_64/lib64 --disable-dmx --disable-xvfb
> --disable-xnest --disable-xwin --disable-xgl --disable-xglx
> --disable-xegl --disable-kdrive --disable-xprint --enable-glx
> --enable-glx-tls --enable-dri CFLAGS="-momit-leaf-frame-pointer
> -march=core2"

aclocal = fail.  It seems that aclocal looks in the default places
before the places specified by -I.  The --acdir option makes it look in
the specified place only.  Really?  Could we get an option that does the
sensible thing of looking in the specified directory FIRST, then look in
the default places?  sigh...

Still look for a suggestion of how to make the build work on a system
with distro development packages installed.  It seems like a logical
thing to build one version of the X.org stack while a different version
is installed.