[Question]Reset Capslock under X window environment

Kan-I Jyo cecilhsujp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 23:57:15 PST 2009

Dear list,

I am new to list and I am not sure if I am posting this quesiton at
the right place. Please let me know if this is not the place for my
question.

It comes up to my mind that if I can reset the capslock status by
command instead of pressing the capslock key itself. For example, if
the current Capslock is on, which means all the characters would be
upper case, is there a way to set/reset the capslock to "off" by
issuing a command through xterm or other terminal soft?

I have tried "$ xset -led [1-32]" but the capslock indicator on "$
xkbvleds" and "$ xkbwatch" window never turned off.

Anyt comment would be greatly appreciated.

--
Sincerely,

Jyo