[Fwd: Dual Monitor problem]

Ferenc Vajda xorg at fercsi.com
Sat Jan 17 11:28:06 PST 2009

Thank You!

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> What's the difference between a single large desktop and two separate
> desktops, if you can drag windows between them?  Separate workspace
> switching?
Further, there were large virtual desktops, where cursor and menus fall
out the viewable area (if two screens had different resolution). This
solution works fine. (Separate workspace switching would be also cool,
but it's not so necessary.)

> See http://intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html for details
> about the new configuration options.

Your information was very helpful.

However, I have one more question. I did not succeed setting xorg.conf
so, that the main screen is the Laptop's one. I use actually Gnome, but
I think it uses the driver's information. Login Screen and Menus are
also on the external monitor.

Thanks,
Ferenc Vajda