Debounce mouse button

Oliver Martin oliver at volatilevoid.net
Sat Jan 17 10:24:05 PST 2009

Hello,

today the left mouse button of my laptop started to bounce. However, I
don't want to send it in for repair as it is out of warranty and I
would have to pay for it, and I would probably be without it for
several weeks.
The problem seems easy enough to fix in software. Is this currently
possible with Xorg? I'm using 7.3 on Debian testing, but I wouldn't
mind upgrading if it helps.
If there is no such feature yet, I'll have a look at it myself when I
can find some time. Where would be the best place to put such
debouncing code, in the kernel or in Xorg? In particular, would there
be any difference regarding what VMs see (obviously I want a usable
mouse there too)?

Regards,
Oliver