Bug in interaction between freeglut and mesa-7.3-rc2

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Fri Jan 16 03:14:19 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

I've found a bug in the interaction between freeglut and mesa. This
applies to mesa 7.2 and 7.3-rc2 and occurs both with freeglut-current
and freeglut-2.6.0-rc1. I'm using the radeon driver on a Radeon Mobility
X1400.

The bug causes a segfault in libGL.so, though even with debug info
enabled, I can't see the exact location. However, I can work around the
bug when, in freeglut, I replace

    glXMakeContextCurrent(
        fgDisplay.Display,
        window->Window.Handle,
        window->Window.Handle,
        window->Window.Context
    );

with

    glXMakeCurrent(
        fgDisplay.Display,
        window->Window.Handle,
        window->Window.Context
    );

According to the GLX spec, these two calls should be equivalent.
However, the first one causes a segfault, the second one doesn't. So I
suppose this is really a bug in mesa somewhere. Is this information
sufficient to fix it, or do you need anything else?

Thanks, Yours,
Florian
--
0666 - Filemode of the Beast