Current support and roadmap for discrete graphics card hot switching

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:56:57 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Albert Vilella <avilella at gmail.com> wrote:
> now the question is:
>
> leaving Nvidia and the downstream problems aside, how difficult would it be
> to convince ATI/AMD to provide such kind of documentation?
> Anyone insider here that can answer?

We can definitely look into it, the problem is we already have a
backlog of stuff with higher priority (finishing 3D, newer power
management bits, investigating IDCT/UVD, etc.) to work through at the
moment, so I cannot say when we'd get to hybrid graphics.  The other
problem is that since many of these hybrid solutions are multi-vendor,
we may not have the rights release certain IP.  Even if would could
release some information, as has been stated previously, the driver
stack needs significant work to support something like this.

Alex