Xfbdev on intelfb framebuffer.

Peter Hanzel hanzelpeter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 06:31:59 PST 2009

Hello again,

I have found a solutions. There was another call to ioctl
FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO in the same file
on line 670:

Bool
fbdevEnable (ScreenPtr pScreen)
{
        /* display it on the LCD */
    k = ioctl (priv->fd, FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO, &priv->var);
    if (k < 0)
    {
     perror ("FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO");
     return FALSE;
    }

So I commented out this line also and voila XFbDev is working on intelfb
with no problems.
It also works for VesaFb.

Maybe some patch to xorg?