[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.5.99.2

john.ettedgui at gmail.com john.ettedgui at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 00:14:47 PST 2009

Hello list,

just a small email to give my status on that.

Perfomances with this driver in UXA + git libdrm + kernel 2.6.28 are a
lot better than with the older versions.
glxgears of about 350 vs 750fps, kde4 compositing almost unusable vs
now very usable.

I will try tuxracer and games like that tomorrow as they were kind of
unplayable before, but I have a good feeling for now and it is already
late...

(on a side note gl and gl2 output for mplayer are still slow and a
little corrupted, but I am not sure if this is related to the intel
driver or not).

Thanks,
John