Intel GM45: Loop of continuously triggered output detections

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 17:55:30 PST 2009

Testing git HEAD intel drivers, also recent Xorg:

After the problem with miss-detected TV-out, I killed Xorg with a Ctrl
+Alt+Backspace (I've got zapping re-enabled in my xorg.conf), and the
outputs detected properly, with no TV output detected as being
connected.

The performance was very slow, however, and with the characteristic
"jiggle" / jittering of the mouse cursor position which I've noticed on
both my Intel based machines during output detection.

Trying xrandr, adjusting brightness, had no effect. A couple of VT
switches to VT1 and back to Xorg finally stopped the detection loop,
although during that process, one of the the switches to VT1 left me
with a corrupted console. (Possibly scanning out from the wrong part of
the frame-buffer, perhaps with the wrong sync settings?).

I've attached the log. It does show a page-table problem with the last
VT switch.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,