[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.5.99.2

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de
Mon Jan 12 14:12:02 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 14:18:12 +0800, Zhenyu Wang wrote:

[...]

> I think Gordon Jin will provide the release note for intel Q4 release,
> that include all the component versions we use for stable release, and
> other misc notes.

Thanks. My idea was to give the test versions some testing before the
release (I'm also a registered tester for the Intel driver).  As the
prerquisites started to become more strict with 2.5 (libdrm) and seem
to be even tighter with 2.6, I think they should be mentioned in more
detail in such announcements. Also some information about the the
features and what hardware (UXA?) or kernel (KMS?) versions are
required would be nice.

Well, I just tried 2.5.99.2 together with 2.6.28 and Xserver 1.5.3 on
i945GM.

Result:

1. glxgears mostly shows a black window, with some coloured artifacts when
I move the window

2. starting googleearth freezes the GUI, only the mouse pointer is still
moving

3. starting quake3 freezes the GUI

I can't see any messages about this in Xorg.0.log or in the kernel log.
I need to reboot to restore the screen after 2. and 3.

Regards,
Tino