Intel HDMI audio - No audio in X, works in console

Bill Wittig bill at distinctlymagic.com
Mon Jan 12 07:25:45 PST 2009

The xorg-server version is 1.5.3. I can't check specifically for the
patch you referenced until tonight - perhaps you know if it's included
in the released 1.5.3.

I looked through the thread Sven referenced, and it looks like this is
related to the ELD data, however, the end of that thread (as of 4 Jan)
is that you can get working audio over HDMI or working video, but not
both without completely disabling acceleration, so I'm hesitant to try
that route.

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated!

bill

--
Bill Wittig