Does X.org 7.4 work with Mesa 7.2?

Angel Tsankov fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Mon Jan 12 03:23:40 PST 2009

Jeremy Henty wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:34:19AM +0200, Angel Tsankov wrote:
>
>> I tried  calling 'ldconfig'  but it did  not help --  xdriinfo 1.0.2
>> still does not find GL/glx.h and fails to compile.
>
> It's  looking  for  the  Mesa  development  environment.   Which  Mesa
> packages do you have installed?  If you only have the runtime packages
> you won't be able to compile any programs that use Mesa.

If my memory serves me right, I solved this problem by adding to CPATH and
to C_INCLUDE_PATH the path to the extracted include files of MesaLib-7.2 (I
could not find where Mesa installs them).  However, I stumbled upon another
problem and started a new thread on this list.  Here's a link to it:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2009-January/042364.html

--Angel