[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-mouse 1.4.0

Sat Jan 10 10:28:35 PST 2009

Beso wrote:
> i was curious just about another thing: is or will ever be there a
> project for an evdev port
> on solaris and opensolaris? i think that evdev is one of that drivers
> that worth porting if there is
> the possibility.

I don't know if our kernel guys will be doing that (it would have to be
a reimplementation instead of a port of the kernel driver due to the
license issues).    When I discussed porting the xf86-input-evdev to
work with the existing Solaris input interfaces, the people who know
that driver suggested it probably wasn't a good idea, so I'll probably
end up stealing code from the xf86-input-evdev module to add new Xi
features like input properties to xf86-input-kbd and xf86-input-mouse
at some point (though if someone else is interested enough to beat
me to it, please go ahead!  My to-do list is always far longer than
I can ever get to.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com