[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-mouse 1.4.0

Sat Jan 10 09:42:18 PST 2009

Beso wrote:
> 2009/1/10 Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com>:
>> Rémi Cardona wrote:
>
>> It was moved to the module because the server never calls it
>> directly - only the mouse module does, and if you're using another driver,
>> like evdev or void, then the code is never called at all.
>>
> i'm confused: if the code is never called by the server or evdev
> what's the reason for
> evdev to need it to run with 1.6 as you've stated in the previous mail?

Read it again - I wrote "users of *non*-evdev systems...will need this".
i.e. I need it for my Solaris packages, and the BSD folks will need it,
but common modern Linux distros could just delete the mouse module altogether
if they're ready to go evdev-only.   (If you do ship the mouse module at all
with Xorg 1.6, you'll need this to avoid dlopen errors on the mouse module
of not being able to find the xf86OSMouseInit function that moved from the
server to the module.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com