[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-mouse 1.4.0

Sat Jan 10 08:58:03 PST 2009

Rémi Cardona wrote:
> Le 10/01/2009 05:45, Alan Coopersmith a écrit :
>> The big change in 1.4.0 is the move of the OS-specific mouse handling code
>> from the Xorg server to the mouse driver.   This code was removed from the
>> Xorg server in the Xorg 1.6 development cycle, so users of non-evdev systems
>> (i.e. non-Linux or pre-evdev Linux) will need this version of the mouse driver
>> to run with Xorg 1.6.
>
> Hi Alan,
>
> Just wondering: can this version of xf86-input-mouse get along with Xorg
> 1.5 or will they both attempt to control the same OS-specific details?

It seemed to work fine with the 1.5.3 server I tested on - you'll just have
two copies of the ${OS}_mouse.c code present, one in the server, one in the
module.   It was moved to the module because the server never calls it
directly - only the mouse module does, and if you're using another driver,
like evdev or void, then the code is never called at all.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com