How to move a window between screens?

Gerald Dachs gda at gmx.de
Fri Jan 9 05:54:25 PST 2009

How to move an application window between 2 independent (no Twinview,
no Xinerama)
screens of a x servern from outside of the application?
Do I have to use something like xmove? It looks so over sized, because
it is mainly for movement between different x servers on different
machines.

I suspect that it won't be so simple that I can XUnmapWindow the
window, change the screen somehow and XMapWindow the window again.

Sorry if this is the wrong list or a stupid question.

Gerald