backlight problems on intel and new stuff

Vedran Rodic vrodic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 02:32:17 PST 2009

Hi

I've also noticed backlight flickering (so pronounced that I was
afraid it might kill the backlight) on my Thinkpad X60s, when I
hibernate when using a VGA connected display. Laptop LCD is off when
in X, but when s2disk suspends X and goes to text mode, VGA out is
turned off, and I just see the flickering backlight while the progress
of s2disk is displayed on the Thinkpad LCD).

This is with the 2.3.2-2+lenny5 package from Debian, and it might be
fixed in the latest git.

Vedran